Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Walden Dreadnaught.
I came accross this brillant sounding guitar from Ranking Sports.
I was surprised by its choice of material and construction.
A very decent old school dreadnaught, with Solid Spruce Top and Laminated Rosewood Sides and Back. The bindings are nicely done, and the bracing nicely crafted.
Picked it up and started playing. It does have a certain warmth to the tone but its rather on the bright side. (Maybe its due to the choice of Rosewood)
Guitar Sustain is fantastic and the treble dose ring like a bell!
In general, I find the tone balance to be middle, slightly to the high side.

My old friend bought it immediately after looking at the price and I bought it back to do setup.... so this is what I did....

Walden D-600 Dreadnaught. Solid Spruce Top, Laminated Rosewood sides and back.







Factory Saddle Before Setup.

Factory Saddle After Setup.

Factory Fretboard Dry.

Conditioned Fretboard.



Factory Action Before Setup.

Action After Setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment